Elvie the amigurumi pink elephant with trunk up is joining the “crochet party”!
This little elephant has been in my to do list for ages. Less than a month ago I decided it was the right time to make it… and it definitely was! After a few hiccups – because I wanted it to be very special, so I had to think about the best crochet techniques to make all the details the way I imagined – Elvie is here!
Elvie is a chubby elephant with tiny legs and shy spirit, but he’s joining the party anyway!
This design looks very clean and simple and I hope you’ll find it very fun to make. It has a few interesting details that I like to share with you:
- There is only one seam to do to complete the elephant (oh yes, only 1!)
- The pattern includes the gauge for 3 different yarn weights: Fingering, DK and Aran so you can choose the yarn depending on the size you’d like for your little elephant
- That party hat is removable and the length of the string is easy to adjust… so other amigurumi can join the party, hurray!
I always add a note in my patterns so you are sure that changing the yarn you get the same cuteness, just in a different size, but this time you can actually see more sizes of the same amigurumi!
I picked 3 yarns to make my elephants:
– Pink Elephant is made in Hobbii Baby Cotton (fingering weight, 100% cotton, 50g / 170m)
– Blue Elephant is made in Paintbox Cotton DK (Double Knit, 100% cotton, 50g / 125m)
– Gray Elephant is made in Drops Nepal (Aran, 65% wool, 35% alpaca, 50g / 75m)
Would you like to join the party? I’m waiting for you (with a crochet hook in my hand, a ball of yarn in the other).
You can find the PDF pattern in my shop with 20% OFF until the end of June 2020. It’s also available on Etsy and Ravelry!